By accessing the Daman Website, or by use our services, content, features, technologies or functions offered on our website, digital platforms you indicate your acceptance of the terms of this Policy.
2. Information Collected and Recorded
Daman learns about you from your use of Daman’s services and the Daman Website. Daman collects information on the Daman Website about you, its customers and all visitors, such as:
- Personally-Identifiable Information (For example: First name, Last name, Gender, Date of birth, Age, etc.). Daman collects personally-identifiable information about you only when you specifically provide it to Daman (for example: when applying for insurance or when registering with My Daman).
- Personal Health Information (For example: Medical record numbers, Blood type, Emergency contact, etc.).
- Aggregate information that can’t be used to identify a particular visitor (see “Common Web Technologies” section below).
- Daman also collects information relating to the transactions you carry out, including details of credit cards you use.
- Information about the computer or device used to access Daman’s website such as: device ID or unique identifier, device type, location information, computer and connection information, mobile network information.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- The date and time (with time zone) of a website visit.
- Information about the pages you access, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, standard web log data.
- Internet traffic information associated with a specific IP address, time, or event.
- Type of technology used to access the website (such as the type of internet browser and type of operating system).
- Type of event.
- Malicious software identification.
- Caller Identification logs, which provide a caller’s apparent phone number.
Daman may collect additional information from you in relation to promotions that Daman runs, and also any information you provide when corresponding with Daman.
Your information may be used by Daman, or by third parties specifically selected by Daman in accordance with Section 14 – Disclosure of Your Information of this Policy. The Daman Website will record and track the use you make of the Daman Website.
All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties, except as necessary to provide the product or service you have specifically requested and in accordance with Section 14 – Disclosure of Your Information of this Policy.
3. Changes to This Policy
Any changes Daman may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on the Daman Website. Our Policy may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Inorder to view the changes, you are encouraged to visit this page frequently to read and understand the update on this Policy.
4. Data Retention Period
To make sure we meet our legal Data Protection and Privacy obligations, we only hold on to your personal information in our database for as long as we actually need it for the defined purposes. After that we will either delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you.
We may store Personal Data for a longer period if the Personal Data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research.
Based on UAE Federal Law No. 2 of 2019 to Protect Health Data, Health information must be maintained for a minimum of 25 years from the last healthcare interaction of the concerned patient.
5. Automated Decision Making
Automated decisions are decisions concerning you which are made automatically on the basis of a computer determination (using software algorithms), without human intervention. We use automated decision making.
6. Copyright and Trademarks
Copyright in all content on the Daman website is owned or licensed by Daman.
Except where necessary for and incidental to personally viewing the Daman website via your web browser, or as permitted under the applicable laws, no part of the Daman website may be reproduced, stored (for any period of time) in an electronic or any other retrieval system, modified, adapted, uploaded to a third party location, framed, performed in public, or transmitted, in any form by any process whatsoever, without the specific prior written consent of Daman.
“DAMAN” and “National Health Insurance Company” are trademarks of Daman. Third party trademarks are trademarks of the respective third parties.
Your access to the Daman website may be terminated at any time by Daman without notice to you. However, all restrictions and all disclaimers and exclusions and limitations of liability of Daman will survive any termination. Upon termination, you must not directly or indirectly access or use the Daman website.
8. Governing Law
Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Abu Dhabi, and appeal therefrom.
Should any clause or part thereof of this Policy be found to be void, unenforceable or invalid, then it is severed from these Terms, leaving the remainder in full force and effect, provided that the severance has not altered the basic nature of these Terms.
You may not rely on the words or conduct of Daman as a waiver of any right unless the waiver is in writing. In this clause, "conduct" includes delay in the exercise of any right. For the purposes of this clause, "right" means any right of Daman arising under or in connection with this Policy or otherwise, and includes the right to rely on this clause.
10. Protection of Your Personal Information
Daman recognises industry standards and employs security safeguards to protect personally identifiable information from unauthorised access and misuse. All information you provide to Daman is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be protected and safeguarded by encryption during data transit and storage.
To prevent unauthorised access to your information, we have implemented strong controls and security safeguards at the technical and operational levels. This site uses Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data.
Although Daman will endeavour its best efforts to protect your Personal Data, Daman cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Daman website. Any transmission of data is at your risk. Daman does not disclose to third parties any personally identifiable information that you provide, except as necessary to provide the product or service you have specifically requested and in accordance with Section 14 – Disclosure of Your Information of this Policy. Once Daman has received your information, Daman will use industry procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to that information.
12. Website Usage Data
Website Usage Data – With or without cookies, the Daman website keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that a page request is coming from (i.e., your IP address, domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any), and other parameters in the URL (e.g., search criteria). Daman only uses this data to better understand website usage in the aggregate to determine which areas of the Daman website users prefer (e.g., based on the number of visits to those areas). This information is stored in log files and used for aggregated and statistical reporting. It is not attributed to you as an individual.
13. Links to External Sites
14. Disclosure of Your Information
Daman may disclose your personal information to any member of the Daman Group of companies. We generally do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties in some limited cases.
Daman may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Selling or buying any business or assets, in which case Daman may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Daman or substantially all of Daman’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by Daman about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protecting the rights, property, or safety of Daman, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Verifying and screening of credit cards or other payment cards.
- Providing you with information, products or services that you request from Daman or which Daman feels may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Carrying out Daman’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Daman.
- Verification and confirmation of your identity for the purpose of registering with My Daman.
- Notifying you about changes to Daman’s service, where applicable.
15. Some of the Most Relevant Rights
According to Regional and Global Data Privacy laws and standards such as GDPR and DOH Standard on Patient Healthcare Data Privacy, you can exercise your data privacy rights for different puposes. The below outlines some of your most relevant rights as a Data Subject:
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access: To your Personal Data (commonly known as a "Data Subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully Processing it.
- Request rectification: Of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected. We may need to verify the accuracy of any new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure: Of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have exercised your right to object to Processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with applicable law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific, regulatory and/or contractual reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to Processing: Of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to Processing on this ground. You also shall object where we are Processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of Processing: Of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the Processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy;
- Where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it;
- Request for portability: Of your Personal Data to another party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time: Where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any Processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory authority: In case you consider that the Processing of your Personal Data infringes any of your rights or provisions related to the laws and regulations in scope.
Time limit to respond: We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 – 45 days. Incase if it takes more than the expected time for a complex request, you will be notified with the most latest update.
16. Minors using the Daman Website
If a child has provided Daman with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child must contact us using the form found on the site, if they would like access to this information or have their child's details deleted from our records. We will take steps to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child to ensure that the person is in fact the child's parent or legal guardian. If requested, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete the child's information from our databases.
If you are under 21 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself to us or on this Site, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete that information.
National Health insurance Company - Daman
P.O. Box: 128888
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Tel. # 02-6149555
Fax: # 02-6149770