Thiqa Top-Up Plans
Daman is offering Thiqa Top-Up plans that will extend, compliment, and cover the benefits that have been adjusted under the Thiqa Programme.
Thiqa Top-Up offers the best healthcare services through our broad network of partners, hospitals, health centers, clinics, and pharmacies.
|Thiqa Top-Up Plans||Get a Quote|
|Thiqa Top-Up Benefits||
FAQ’s About the Recent Changes in Thiqa Program Top-Up Plans
- What benefits are not covered by my Thiqa program, as a result of the program changes?
Previously, Thiqa was offering 90% coverage in Dubai and Northern Emirates. With the recent changes, Thiqa will not be offering coverage in Dubai and Northern Emirates.
- How will the changes on the Thiqa program coverage impact my existing Thiqa Top-Up plan coverage?
Due to the recent changes to your Thiqa plan coverage, there are certain benefits which are no longer covered. That's why we have extended your Thiqa Top-Up coverage so you can continue to enjoy the best healthcare services through our broad network of partners, including hospitals, health centres, clinics and pharmacies.
Previously, Thiqa used to offer 90% coverage in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, while 10% was under your Thiqa Top-Up plan. However, since Thiqa does not cover these networks anymore, the full 100% will be covered under your Top-Up plan.
- I already have an existing Thiqa Top-Up plan, do I need to buy a new plan to enjoy the benefit changes being offered by Daman?
If you already have a Thiqa Top-Up plan, you do not need to buy a new one. The benefits will be offered automatically until your Thiqa Top-Up policy expires. You will only need to buy a new Thiqa Top-Up plan upon renewing your policy.
- Is my non-network coverage under the Thiqa Top-Up plan modified because of Thiqa changes?
No, there is no change in your Thiqa Top-Up plan non-network coverage. You will continue to be covered as per your plan terms and conditions on a reimbursement basis.
- My Thiqa category has changed. Can I continue to be covered under my existing Thiqa Top-Up plan?
Your Top-Up plan should complement your Thiqa coverage. Hence, if your Thiqa category has been changed, you should buy a new Thiqa Top-Up plan that is applicable to your new category. Please note that additional premium may be applicable.
- What happens to my old Thiqa Top-Up plan? Do I get a refund for the period I didn’t use it?
If your eligibility in your current Thiqa Top-Up plan has changed, you will get a refund as per policy terms and conditions.
- Does the Thiqa Top-Up plan offer coverage outside UAE?
Yes, various territorial coverage options are offered under Thiqa Top-Up plans, which you can opt for depending on your needs.
- Are Maternity, Dental and Optical benefits offered under Thiqa Top-Up plans?
In order to offer cost-effective Health insurance solutions, Maternity, Dental and Optical benefits are not offered under Thiqa Top-Up plans.
- How much are Thiqa Top-Up plans?
Daman’s Thiqa Top-Up plan prices vary according to your age and the type of product you choose. A member of our sales team will provide you with a number of plans and their prices that are suitable for your needs.
- What documents do I need to submit to buy a Thiqa Top-Up plan?
For a new application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Individual enhanced application form (download from https://www.damanhealth.ae/en/FAQs/download-forms)
- Valid passport copy
- Valid Emirates ID copy
- Valid Thiqa card
- Medical examination form (for 61 years old and above & 6 months old and below, declared conditions) as and when required. Download the form from this link.
- Signed quotation