- I am a Daman Enhanced member, do I still get a physical card?
We will stop printing cards gradually by the beginning of 2018. The Emirates ID card will become the only document that qualifies members to access healthcare services at providers under Daman’s network. Daman members can also use the Daman mobile App to access services at providers.
- Will I have access to all health services using the Emirates ID?
Yes, all of Daman members will be able to use their Emirates ID and the Daman app at medical facilities under Daman network. Daman app will give you access to features on the move such as your policy number, health plan, schedule of benefits and nearest providers.
- How will the health provider check my eligibility?
When you visit health providers in your network you have an option of providing your digital card number in the app or your Emirates ID as Daman has trained the health services providers on using a secure online platform where they can match the Emirates ID number with the member’s health insurance file that is available in Daman data base.
- My Emirates ID number is not on the system. How can I add it?
You can do so by downloading Daman app where you can have access to your policy number, health plan, schedule of benefits and access to the providers. Or by going to damanhealth.ae and clicking on the ‘Submit Emirates ID details’ tab on the right-hand side or alternatively email us your Emirates ID card copy and policy details on EID@damanhealth.ae
- Are the insurance and Emirates ID expiry dates linked?
No they are not linked. Each must be renewed separately.
- If the Emirates ID expires, will this interrupt my insurance coverage?
No it will not. We use your Emirates ID number to check if you have valid health insurance coverage. Healthcare providers however may reject admission if your Emirates ID card is expired.
- Can I use my Emirates ID if I travel out of the UAE?
It is recommended that you download & register to the Daman mobile app. The Daman app provides you your health insurance details, including your Daman Enhanced card number. Daman members who have international emergency coverage need to contact the number via the app and provide the Emirates ID number for emergency medical assistance.
- MENA Region: In Patient and Outpatient services – please share your electronic card and EID with the provider that offers direct billing in the network.
- India: Only in patient, elective treatment is covered on direct billing. Please contact the provider, as per the website, and provide your Emirates ID number.
- International Providers, excluding MENA: The member needs to approach Daman International assistance services 5 days prior to availing the treatment. Daman team would validate the member and provide necessary approvals for the treatment to be carried out at the selected provider. For any enquiries, please email email@example.com
- Will using the Emirates ID be possible for all UAE providers or is it only for Abu Dhabi providers?
The service is available for use in any provider across UAE in the Daman Network as per your plan. You can also use the Daman app to check and/ or search for an in-network healthcare provider near you.
- Will my maid still receive a physical card? As she is a Daman basic holder not enhanced.
We will stop printing cards gradually by the beginning of 2018.
- My Emirates ID card is undergoing renewal at the moment; what is the procedure during that time?
Daman processes allows you to just present a copy of your Emirates ID card or show your Daman digital card (through the Daman App) to the provider to avail medical services. But the network provider may insist for a valid Emirates ID card before accepting a patient.
- I have a new born baby but we are still applying for the Emirates ID; can we still avail the health services?
Daman will continue printing cards for its members who have not yet received their Emirates ID cards.
- I have lost my Emirates ID, how can I avail my treatments until I apply and receive my replacement?
We recommend that you download the Daman app as it has all of your insurance details. If you or the healthcare provider have the Emirates ID card’s copy or its number, they can check our system if you are eligible for coverage using the number. However, healthcare providers may need to see another form of valid identification document, so it is advisable that your carry your passport or UAE driving license.
- How can I get the policy number to register for an online account either on the website or the mobile application?
Upon enrolment or renewal; Member will receive an SMS with the policy number. Use you Emirates ID to register in Daman mobile app and you can also use the same registration details on the website.